COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio REALTORS®, the state’s leading advocate for the real estate industry, reveals findings from new statewide consumer research about experiences with and feelings toward real estate professionals in Ohio. Residents’ responses indicate a high overall satisfaction and trust in the knowledge and experience REALTORS bring to the transaction, among other insights. The strong positioning coupled with key opportunity areas led to the development of a new statewide campaign, We’ll Get You THERE.
“We represent more than 36,000 experienced and hardworking REALTORS in the state,” said Scott R. Williams, chief executive officer at Ohio REALTORS. “It is important that we periodically take stock of how Ohioans feel about their experiences with REALTORS and incorporate those findings into our advocacy and messaging.”
The research conducted by a Washington D.C.-based firm, WHP Research, Inc., included an online survey of adults aged 25-64 who reside in Ohio. The 508 respondents represented a balanced mix of male and female, and also of urban, suburban and rural residents. Further, all respondents have either bought or sold a home, or plan to purchase one in the future. The survey was conducted in October 2022.
Key survey findings include:
- 84% of Ohio residents were satisfied with their last experience using a real estate agent (vs. 8% were dissatisfied).
- 74% of Ohio residents feel their real estate agent earned their commission (vs. 15% said they did not earn it).
- Nearly 5 in 10 Ohio residents think being a real estate agent is difficult (vs. 2 in 10 who think it is easy).
- Professional, knowledgeable, helpful, experienced were the most common words selected to describe real estate agents.
- Firsthand experiences and friends/family/neighbors most influence opinions about real estate agents.
- 1 in 4 Ohio residents follow real estate agents on social media.
These and other insights contributed directly to the development of Ohio REALTORS’ new statewide advertising and communications campaign that launched in March.
“We were so pleased to see the positive response overall, but of course we are also looking at areas of opportunity such as with younger, future homebuyers,” added Williams. “Our new campaign is a great way to reinforce the true value REALTORS bring to every client and transaction.”
We’ll Get You THERE is an integrated advertisement and communications campaign featured on key social media, video and out-of-home channels, among other nonpaid activations. The campaign visuals tell real stories of Ohio homebuyers and sellers, with all user-generated photography sourced in the state. The messaging reinforces that REALTORS in Ohio are:
- Accountable to a code of ethics.
- Committed before, during and after the transaction.
- Experts on the buying and selling process.
- Experts on the real estate market.
For more information about the We’ll Get You THERE campaign, visit ohiorealtors.org/get-you-there-campaign.
Ohio REALTORS, the largest professional trade association in Ohio, is the leading force driving real property ownership and promoting the value of a REALTOR in strengthening Ohio’s communities.